Become a Counseling Intern
Our Treatment, Intervention and Prevention Services Program (TIPS) offers placements for 8 Trainees and Registered Interns each year. Interns receive extensive training and get clinical experience providing outpatient therapy with children, families, and adults who are parents, as well as experience working on our Parenting Stress Helpline. This internship is a 20-24 hour per week placement for a full calendar year in our Oakland or Hayward office.
Click HERE to view a pdf of the full posting.
- 2nd year graduate students in counseling/psychology/social work or registered interns.
- Bilingual capability is highly desired, especially English/Spanish.
- Clinically relevant experience working with:
– children and/or parents
– culturally diverse populations
– trauma and loss
Time Commitment and Duties:
- 20-24 hours/week over the course of 3 days for a full calendar year and must be available Tuesdays 9am-2pm (for trainings/meetings and group supervision). Other days are flexible but must include at least one evening and at least 2 afternoons.
- Provide outpatient therapy to children, families, couples and adults.
- Attend a few Saturday trainings and work a 2 hour shift during the week on our Parent Support Hotline.
What We Offer:
- Internships are unpaid however we offer reimbursement ($2,500/year for trainees and $3,000/year for registered interns) for self-care & activities/materials that enhance clinical skills.
- One hour of individual / two hours of group supervision, excellent didactic trainings and a supportive and collegial work environment.
To Apply for Fall 2021 placement:
E-mail or mail a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 letters of recommendation to Nancy Morosohk, LCSW, 1727 Martin Luther King Jr. Way #109, Oakland, CA 94612. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance at one of our Open Houses on January 29th or February 3rd is highly recommended. Priority is given to applications received by 2/7/21.
You can click HERE to view our flier about the Open House for Prospective Interns.
You must RSVP to attend an Open House. Please email Nancy Morosohk at email@example.com