Parenting Stress Helpline
Our Parenting Stress Helpline provides free and confidential counseling, information to anyone in need of parenting support and access to nearly 900 community resources from our vast database. You have access to caring treatment specialists for one time anonymous calls or regular call backs to support you with your particular parenting or family concerns, refer you to Family Paths’ services, or provide other Alameda County resources. Access to our services is via our Parenting Stress Helpline by calling 1-800-829-3777. Note: Referrals/requests for service are not accepted via email.
Call 800-829-3777 for support. We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- I feel overwhelmed sheltering in place with my kids and family?
- How do I manage homeschooling my kids? I’m not a teacher!
- How do I balance working at home with helping my kids with their school work?
- How do my partner/co-parent and I work together to get through this shelter in place and support our children?
- How do I raise a happy child?
- How do I get my child to sleep?
- Where do I go for food for my family?
- How do I handle my teenager’s sass?
- Is this behavior normal for my 4 month old? My 3 year old? My tween?
- When will my baby talk?
- My child is being bullied at school or online. How do I help?
- How do I not yell at my kid?
- I think my teen is using drugs, what do I do?
- My spouse and I don’t get along. How do we parent our kids together?
- I’m so angry at my child! How do I calm down so I won’t hurt him?
- AND MORE!
Family Paths is committed to recognizing and serving all families, including LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual), foster, relative and non-relative caregivers, and adoptive families. Family Paths embraces the Alameda County Fathers Corps’ Father-Friendly Principles.
TRANSLATION SERVICES AVAILABLE
To support our callers and clients for whom English is not their primary language, the Parenting Stress Helpline, as well as clinicians, can easily access a translation service via the phone 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. The phone translation service provides translation in over 400 languages.
What to do when you have a complaint: Read our Grievance policy.
Que hacer si usted tiene una queja. Lea nuestra política de quejas en Español.
BECOME A HELPLINE VOLUNTEER AND HELP US BUILD A BETTER COMMUNITY!
Click HERE to learn more and to apply.
Foster Parent Advice Line (FosterPAL)
Raising children is hard work. As a foster parent or kinship care provider the challenges can be even more overwhelming. You are not alone! We can provide support & help you navigate many of these challenges.
Our Foster Parent Advice Line (Foster PAL) provides ongoing telephone support, crisis intervention, case management, & information & referral.
We can help with issues such as (but not limited to):
- Navigating the foster care system
- Probate court & legal guardianship issues
- Understanding child development, behavioral & developmental issues & strategies for dealing with these issues
- Support, information, & referrals around “aging out” & AB 12
Help is just a phone call away – 800-829-3777.
FosterPAL provides ongoing telephone support, a link to resources and case management while building a sense of trust and security.