Family Paths strengthens family relationships
by providing mental health treatment and supportive services
with respect, integrity, compassion, and hope.
A safe home for every child.
Respect in our communications.
Integrity in our actions.
Compassion for our struggles.
Hope for the future.
- As an agency serving the wider community, it is essential that Family Paths aligns itself with social justice issues which affect our clients and families.
- Providing a caring and supportive work environment helps us support and care for clients.
- A relationship must have trust.
- Taking care of the parent and having the parent take care of him/herself makes a safe life for the child.
- There are larger forces at work that contribute to a person’s sense of safety and security.
- Successful treatment meets the clients “where they are.”
- Socio-cultural context affects each individual’s experience.
- Striving towards social justice and change supports our clients.
- Fostering healthy families enhances social justice.
- Hope is a driver for our work. Hope moves clients to seek our assistance.
- We nurture and promote emotional well-being, safe and healthy children and families, and a fair and socially just community with equality of opportunity.
- We appreciate our diverse clients and their families, who allow us to enter their lives in partnership. We are humbled by their dignity and challenges, heartened by their courage and resiliency.
- We value and cherish our dedicated staff that is committed to the highest standards of cultural competence, dynamic leadership, ethics, and leading-edge practice.
- We are responsible to our funders and donors to ensure effective and lasting outcomes, with gratitude for their continuing supports.
- We are committed to providing support to families 24 hours a day.
Family Paths is committed to recognizing and serving all families, including LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual), foster/resource, relative caregivers, and adoptive families.
Family Paths embraces the Alameda County Fathers Corps’ Father-Friendly Principles.