COVID-19 Resources & Parenting Tips
Raising children in today’s world is an exciting and daunting experience under normal circumstances, but this past year living with the pandemic has been extremely stressful. Balancing family and working and schooling at home has been so challenging for so many. Family Paths understands the pressures parents and caregivers face and over the past year (and since 1972) we’ve been providing support and resources to families throughout the East Bay. We hope the information we’ve curated from the web will give helpful insights as you navigate the full time job of parenting. Check back regularly for updated tips and articles.
Click HERE for LGBTQIA-specific resource links in the SF Bay Area which include drop-in services, playgroups, youth groups, summer camps, parent and caregiver resources and groups, and crisis numbers. Many of the organizations not only serve youth, but all ages and provide a plethora of services.
Remember: You can call our Parenting Stress Helpline at 1-800-829-3777 any time you have a question about parenting skills, child development, behavior issues, and to access community resources. We are here to help with every day parenting stress.
CORONOVIRUS & COVID-19 TIPS & RESOURCES
We recommend these resources to mitigate hesitancy about the vaccine
- Vaccine Branding/Logo, Fact Sheets, Social Graphics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wrfHIpIylCICAALV7yrwdZ-wwqstzLj0
Some Trusted Messengers:
- Dr. Corbett who helped develop the vaccine: https://www.insider.com/black-doctor-who-developed-moderna-vaccine-got-coronavirus-vaccine-2020-12
- Frontline Health Workers: https://oaklandside.org/2020/12/18/a-step-to-restore-community-frontline-health-workers-on-why-theyre-saying-yes-to-the-covid-vaccine/
- Spanish-language resources from Washington State that answer some FAQ
- Black Coalition Against COVID:
- Roots Community Health Center’s Director, Dr. Noha Aboelata has a weekly People’s Briefing around : https://www.facebook.com/rootsempowers
- True Vine Ministries also has a Q&A with their Executive Pastor/medical Doctor: https://www.facebook.com/LiveatTheVine/videos/3582360161853437
- It’s a little bit out of left field, but on Instagram the Black Bay Area posts info: https://www.instagram.com/theblackbayarea/
- Also a little outdated, but Umoja Health does COVID testing work targeted toward the Black community (they are about to start up again in January and do a lot of on the ground organizing) and has a talk from August about the vaccine trials: https://unitedinhealthoakland.org/en/resources
Dr. Harrison Alter, Interim Medical Director, Alameda County Healthcare for the Homeless – https://vimeo.com/500988831 The first 30 minutes is Dr. Alter’s presentation, and the remainder starting at about 31 minutes is Q&A. You’ll recall Dr. Alter joined us for a Covid-19 workshop in September.
Making it Plain: What Black America Needs to Know about COVID-19 and Vaccines. In the video, leading Black health, faith, and social organizations join the nation’s top COVID-19 experts to address questions and concerns as we fight to protect Black lives together.